What is the best BJJ Gi for beginners? There is a plethora of great gi for beginner Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners who are just getting started in their training.
Fuji BJJ Uniform, Venum Contender 2.0 Gi, and Sanabul Essentials are just a few available gi that will serve you well when starting jiu-jitsu. Indeed, they are among the most affordable and effective gis for BJJ beginners.
In this guide, I will cover the best Brazilian jiu-jitsu gis for beginners that exist out there. As a result, it will assist you in selecting a good gi whether you are just getting started in your training or have already begun. Stay tuned!
Disclosure: This article contains some affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click on them.
What Is the Best Jiu-Jitsu Gi for Beginners?
Choosing the most suitable Gi for BJJ beginners may be challenging since a beginner practitioner has no idea what a nice gi looks like.
As a result, we’ve created a comprehensive buyer’s guide to help you choose the cheapest and most comfortable jiu-jitsu gi for your needs as a beginner.
So, take a look at the following list that gathers various great excellent Brazilian jiu-jitsu gis you need to consider.
|Gi For Beginners||Quality Ratings||Visit|
|Elite Sports 2022 BJJ GI||4.7 out of 5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Sanabul Essentials V.2||4.7 out of 5 (Bestseller on Amazon!)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Fuji BJJ Uniform||4.7 out of 5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Venum Contender 2.0 BJJ Gi||4.6 out of 5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Gold Aeroweave BJJ Gi||4.7 out of 5 (Our recommendation!)||Check Price on Amazon|
Elite Sports 2022 BJJ Gi
Elite Sports 2022 BJJ GI is available in various hues, including white, black, gray, and blue. In addition, it’s pre-shrunk, so do not worry about it shrinking after the first wash.
Suppose you’re just getting started in jiu-jitsu. In that case, the Elite Sports BJJ Gi comes with a complimentary white belt, which is an excellent addition.
It’s also available in various sizes and has anti-odor and antibacterial treatment, which means no more infections or unpleasant odor.
Elite Sports Core White Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi
- Jiu Jitsu Gi with a complimentary white belt
- 400gsm weight lightweight gi
- Pre-shrunk Pearl Weave fabric.
- Contrasting and reinforced stitching for the longevity and strength of the apparel.
- Anti-odor and antibacterial treatments have been applied to the material.
- IBJJF approved.
If you spend more than $60, you will receive free shipping in the United States.
Sanabul Essentials V.2
The Sanabul Essentials V.2 Brazilian jiu-jitsu gi is made entirely of cotton and suitable for beginning students.
Aside from that, it is available in various colors, including black, blue, white, etc. In addition, it includes a complimentary BJJ white belt.
The Sanabul Essentials V.2 lightweight BJJ Gi is also available in various sizes for a fantastic training experience.
So instead of worrying about shrinking it, appreciate its lightness while doing different movements and techniques.
Finally, consult the Sanabul size guide to ensure you are purchasing the correct gi.
Sanabul Essentials V.2 Ultra Light
- Belted closure made of 100% cotton
- The Perfect Fit
- Best price out there
- Lightweight and robust
Fuji BJJ Gi Uniform
The Fuji BJJ Uniform is one of the most appealing gis for beginners that is currently available.
Additionally, it is available in many other colors, including black, blue, and white. And, It’s a 100% IBJJF certified Gi that is made to achieve excellence!
Furthermore, the fit, durability, and comfort of this jiu-jitsu gear are way better.
Xande Ribeiro, Renzo Gracie, Roger Gracie, and several other world-class fighters have tested and endorsed one of the few BJJ Gis available on the market.
Aside from that, Fuji is a well-renowned brand that has served the martial arts community with fascinating products for several years.
Venum Contender 2.0 BJJ Gi
The Venum Contender 2.0 BJJ Gi is another great gi for beginners available on the market.
Additionally, it is a 100% cotton gi available in various colors, including black, grey, and white.
Furthermore, it is available in various sizes and is very comfortable and long-lasting.
However, it does not come with a complimentary white belt, so you’ll need to purchase one distinctly.
Otherwise, buyers have reported that this beginner’s Brazilian jiu-jitsu gi shrinks a bit after the first wash. However, the size chart is accurate and true to fit.
Aside from that, Venum is a well-established company in the martial arts equipment area that has provided the fighting world with innovative items for many years and continues to do so.
Gold Aeroweave BJJ Gi
The Gold Aeroweave may be the best BJJ gi for beginners available on the market today.
This gi is an ultra-lightweight design that ensures that you have a fantastic sensation even during rigorous jiu-jitsu training.
Aside from that, it is available in various colors, including black, grey, and navy blue, to complement your style.
Indeed, the strengthened stitching provides significantly more durability and comfort.
In addition, consumers have noted that this gi is preshrunk. And the size chart is accurate and true to match the model they received.
Brazilian jiu-jitsu beginners are much more satisfied with choosing Gold Aeroweave BJJ Gi since it is comfortable, lightweight, and well-priced.
What Does a Gi Mean In BJJ?
A Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu uniform includes three parts: a jacket, pants, and a belt. In addition, practitioners wear a Gi uniform (kimono) during BJJ training and tournaments.
Alternatively, many companies are available that provide these uniforms in various quality, colors, and designs.
What Is the Best Jiu-Jitsu Gi Color?
Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners have many colors to choose from when buying a new gi, including white, black, blue, etc. But, aside from that, white gi may be the most used gi color on mats.
Otherwise, when choosing a gi color, respect the IBJJF requirements if you plan to compete in the future.
How to Choose a BJJ Gi?
Selecting the right BJJ Gi might be difficult, particularly if you’re a newbie jiu-jitsu practitioner who has never worn one before. A practical and comfortable Gi must adhere to specific requirements.
So here are some tips for choosing an excellent Brazilian jiu-jitsu Gi correctly, especially if a novice practitioner:
- Choose a good color that fulfills your need. And, if you’re planning to compete, pick up a color that is eligible for competition.
- Check the weave material type that will provide enough comfort during the BJJ training.
- Check out the Gi sizes to ensure that the gi will fit you well.
- Make sure that Gi’s cost is something you can afford.
BJJ Gi Weave What Does It Mean?
The jiu-jitsu gi weave stands for the sort of material used to construct the gi jacket. There are three different sorts of weaves:
- Single-weave is the most affordable and widely used weave on the market today at a lower price. Indeed, this weave style might be a fantastic option for BJJ beginners since it allows them to start their BJJ training without investing much. Otherwise, the Single-weave may be better if you’re in a warm climate.
- Double weave: This type of BJJ Gi weave is more robust and durable than a single weave. Therefore, it costs more money but provides improved comfort and quality. Otherwise, if you’re obsessed with jiu-JitsuJitsu, this double weave is your best choice for the long run and is much more efficient.
- Gold weave: This jiu-jitsu Gi weave falls between the single and double weave categories. Hence, it strives to improve the durability and lightweight of the gi by integrating the advantages of both weaves in one gear. However, his premium-grade weave may cost you more money.
Always wash your gi in cold water, no more than 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit at the most.
Although if you try to shrink your jiu-jitsu gi slightly, which is too large, you may wash it at 110-120 degrees Fahrenheit.
Otherwise, drying your gi in a dryer or directly in the sun is not recommended.
Therefore, the most effective method to dry your BJJ uniform is on a clothesline at an average temperature.
How Much Is a Gi for Jiu-Jitsu?
A BJJ Gi may cost anywhere from $40 and $250. But, you can get a functional gi for Brazilian jiu-jitsu for less than $100.
Make sure, however, that the quality of the Gi does go down when lowing the price.
What Are the IBJJF Gi Competition Requirements?
According to the IBJJF, the BJJ competition uniform must respect several criteria such as:
- Gi Material: Only cotton or cotton-like fabrics should be used to construct the Gi. The cloth should not be too thick or too firm, making it difficult for an opponent to grasp it.
- Gi Color and Patches: The BJJ gi must be of identical color: white, royal blue, or black. Therefore, a Gi with tops and pants in different colors is not authorized. Also, a Gi with a collar differs from the remainder of the top, which is also not approved.
- Gi Patches: A painted Gi is prohibited unless the paint is created in the shape of an academy or sponsor emblem. And then only on the areas of the Gi where patches are authorized. Indeed, the patches should be made of cotton cloth with good stitching.
- Belt requirements: competitors should wear an intense, 4 to 5 cm broad belt with a black tip, colored according to the athlete’s rank. Besides, the belt should be between 20 and 30 cm in length and, once wrapped, must be in a double knot.
What Are the Best BJJ Gi for Competition?
As previously said, a jiu-jitsu gi suitable for IBJJF competitions should fulfill many specifications, including color, fabric, etc. Consequently, we’ve researched extensively and picked some outstanding Gis for the Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament.
|Gi for Competitions||Quality Ratings||Visit|
|Elite Sports Ultra-Light Preshrunk||4.7 out of 5 (On Sale!)||Check Price on Elite Sports Store|
|Gold BJJ Ultra Strong Premium Kimono (Gold Weave)||4.5 out of 5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Sanabul Core Competition Gi||4.6 out of 5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Sanabul Professional Competition Jiu Jitsu Gi||4.5 out of 5||Check Price on Amazon|
|Gold BJJ Competition Gi (Pearl Weave)||4.9 out of 5 (Best Choice!)||Check Price on Amazon|
Obtaining an excellent BJJ Gi for beginners is no longer arduous when following the abovementioned instructions.
As a result, while acquiring or picking a new Gi, check out the right size, color, weave, and other characteristics, as previously indicated.
I hope that the information in this tutorial has helped you select the appropriate gi for jiu-jitsu to begin your training adventure in an ideal manner.
Should I include any other BJJ gi besides the ones listed above? Feel free to let me know.
Speak your mind; What is your favorite Brazilian jiu-jitsu gi?