Alexandre Ribeiro BJJ is a member of the big jiu-jitsu family. He is a great competitor succeeded to achieve the world championship and the ADCC world multiple times. He is the only jiu jitsu fighter who didn’t give any chance for his opponents to pass his guard in his BJJ competition career except on 4 times.
How Alexandre Ribeiro come over this legendary record?
What are Alexandre Ribeiro’s top jiu-jitsu and grappling achievements?
Short Alexandre Ribeiro biography
Alexandre Ribeiro starts practicing jiu-jitsu at the age of ten under Monteiro Brothers in Manaus – Brazil. Indeed, he rapidly shows his talents at the jiu-jitsu sessions developing great BJJ knowledge in a few amounts of time, thus he won 90% of the matches at his jiu-jitsu tournaments.
in 1999, Xande Ribeiro moved to Rio de Janeiro. furthermore, he starts training jiu-jitsu at the Gracie academy under Royler Gracie, and where his brother Saulo Ribeiro was a champion. Xande had needed there only a small period of time to win two world championships and one Pan American.
Later, Xande and Saulo Ribeiro were moved to San Diego San Diego, California, United States. Where they created their famous jiu-jitsu academy the Ribeiro jiu-jitsu association.
- Full name: Alexandre Couceiro Ribeiro.
- Nickname: Xande
- Born: January 20th, 1981, Manaus, State of Amazonas, Brazil
- Nationality: Brazilian.
- Residence: San Diego, California, United States
- Sports kind: Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Grappling.
- Divisions: Heavy and super heavyweight.
- BJJ Rank: black belt under Saulo Ribeiro in Brazilian jiu jitsu in 2001.
- Team: Ribeiro Jiu-Jitsu.
- Coach: Monteiro Brothers, Royler Gracie, Saulo Ribeiro.
- Years active: 1997 to present.
- Top achievements: Multiple times jiu-jitsu world and ADCC champion.
Best Xandre Ribeiro BJJ achievements.
Alexandre Ribeiro is a legendary BJJ fighter. And, he has won numerous grappling titles such as the ADCC world and the jiu-jitsu world. So he builds a great record in the BJJ competitions that got a warrior’s soul with high-level competition.
Here some of Xande Ribeiro top jiu-jitsu achievements
- 7X IBJJF jiu-jitsu world championship winner.
|2004, 2005, 2015||Black belt||Division Weight|
|2006 and 2008||Black belt||Both in Division Weight and absolute|
- 2X IBJJF jiu-jitsu world championship Nogi winner in 2012 both in his division weight and absolute.
- 4X IBJJF Pan American Championships winner.
|2002, 2005, and 2006||Black belt||Division Weight|
|2001||Black belt||Absolute division|
- 2X ADCC world champion in 2007 and 2009.
|2007||Black belt||-99kg||Braulio Estima||Points|
|2009||Black belt||-99kg||Gerardi Rinaldi||Points|
Watch Alexandre Ribeiro vs Marcus Buchecha/ ADCC world Championship 2017, amazing performance.
- 2X Brazilian National Championship 2004, both in -94kg division and absolute.
Alexandre Ribeiro favorite BJJ tournaments techniques.
Alexandre Ribeiro record in BJJ championships is 160 wins (39% by points and 49% by submission) and 42 losses (45% by points and 14% by submission). In addition, this record was achieved by mastering many jiu-jitsu submissions techniques like:
- Armbar: The Armbar is the most BJJ submission technique used by Alexandre Ribeiro to finish 20 opponents (26% of winning matches) in the jiu-jitsu and grappling tournaments.
Watch Xande Ribeiro demonstrate the Kimura to the Armbar Competition mode.
source: Chris Jones
- Choke from the Back: Alexandre Ribeiro had used this BJJ technique to submit eight opponents (10% of winning matches) in the jiu-jitsu and grappling tournaments.
- Triangle: Alexandre Ribeiro had used this BJJ technique to submit 7 opponents (9% of winning matches) in the jiu-jitsu and grappling tournaments.
- Ezekiel: Xande Ribeiro had used this BJJ technique to submit 5 opponents (6% of winning matches) in the jiu-jitsu and grappling tournaments.
Otherwise, Alexandre Ribeiro uses a lot of other jiu-jitsu techniques and submissions such as: Guard passing/retention (he is a strong guard passing), chokes, toe hold, kimura, flying Armbar, and more.
Watch Xande Ribeiro teaching “Controlling Side Control Concepts”
Alexandre Ribeiro top BJJ matches
- Alexandre Ribeiro vs Gustavo Batista; final San Diego jiu-jitsu Open championship 2018
- Xande Ribeiro VS Andre Galvao; quarterfinal Grand Prix championship 2017
- Xande Ribeiro vs Nicholas Meregali; Final – Manaus National Pro 2017
Xande Ribeiro is a tough Brazilian jiu-jitsu fighters. Thus, he has succeeded to win plenty of BJJ championships. besides, He participate in the jiu-jitsu proress by creating one of the BJJ academies named Ribeiro Jiu-Jitsu. Thank you Xande!