The Brazilian jiu-jitsu family has many fighters phenomenal like Marcelo Garcia BJJ. He is a legendary BJJ fighter, who succeeded to achieve great results in the jiu-jitsu, and grappling tournaments.
Does he won the adcc?
Marcelo Gracia jiu-jitsu short biography
Marcelo Garcia is a golden boy in the big jiu-jitsu family. therefore, let’s discover more information about him.
- Full name: Marcelo Garcia
- Born: January 17th, 1983 in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Residence: New York City.
- Sport kind: Brazilian jiu jitsu, MMA, Grappling.
- Division: Middle weight.
- BJJ Rank: 4th-degree black belt under Fabio Gurgel.
- Team: Alliance jiu-jitsu.
- Coach: Fabio Gurgel.
- Top achievements: 5X jiu-jitsu world champion.
- Personal Academy: Marcelo Garcia jiu-jitsu.
Best Marcelo Garcia BJJ achievements
Marcelo Garcia is a BJJ fighter with an awesome Brazilian jiu-jitsu style. Thus, he performs better in the jiu-jitsu nogi tournaments and grappling competitions, so:
What is his legacy in the grappling and BJJ tournaments?
- 5X jiu-jitsu world championship winner, division middleweight (- 82kg): Rio de Janiero 2004 and 2006; California 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- Pan American Championships winner in 2007; division – 82kg.
- IBJJF Brazilian National Championships winner in 2004; division – 82kg. Also, in 2006 both in – 82kg division and absolute.
- ADCC world championship winner in 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2011; division – 77kg.
Furthermore, he starts competing in the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) tournaments in 2007. But, unfortunately it was a short experience because he stops after one match lost due to a cut under his eye against Dae Won Kim.
Marcelo Garcia favorite techniques in the BJJ tournaments
He has a great record in the grappling and BJJ tournaments with 75 wins and 11 losses. Indeed, this record was achieved using many BJJ submissions techniques like:
BJJ Guillotine choke
This jiu-jitsu technique is the signature of Marcelo Garcia in the grappling mode. Because, he has used it to submit many BJJ competitors in the ADCC 2009 and 2011 such as: Rodney Ellis, Kron Gracie, K-Taro Nakamura, David Hart, and Victor Estima.
BJJ Rear-naked choke
He has used a lot of this jiu-jitsu technique in the ADCC 2003 to submit 80% of his division opponents such as: Kiuma Kunioku, Vitor Ribeiro, Otto Olsen, and Mike Van Arsdale in the final. Otherwise, he has used this technique against Marcio Cruz in IBJJF jiu-jitsu world championship 2005. Also, in the final of the ADCC 2005 to submit Alexandre Ribeiro.
BJJ Triangle chokes
he has used it to submit Leo Vieira in the final of the ADCC 2011.
BJJ North/south choke
He used this BJJ submission against Bruno Alves and Chico Mendes at world jiu-jitsu championship 2010.
Marcelo Garcia BJJ academy
Marcelo opened his first BJJ School in September 2008 in Pembroke Pines city located in South Florida. But, one year later moves to Manhattan New York City, where he opened a new Jiu-jitsu academy named Marcelo Garcia Jiu-Jitsu.
Furthermore, the Marcelo jiu-jitsu academy becomes the most well-known BJJ academy in the world due to the relevant methods of BJJ coaching suitable for all Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners levels (jiu-jitsu beginner practitioner, BJJ advanced practitioner, Or BJJ expert level).
Of course, Marcelo Garcia has changed the world of Brazilian jiu-jitsu and grappling by his great achievements, so he is one of the top BJJ fighters.
Don’t hesitate to share with us your view. Oss