This article will inform you about Giancarlo Bodoni’s BJJ facts that you may not be aware of. As a result, it will highlight Giancarlo’s tournament exploits, best grappling techniques, and other amazing things.
Bodoni Began Training in Martial Arts at a Young Age
Giancarlo Bodoni was born on October 15, 1995, in Miami, Florida, USA.
Giancarlo Bodoni began karate martial arts training at the age of five. Later, he adds taekwondo and jiu-jitsu to his arsenal of combat sports.
Giancarlo began learning Brazilian jiu-jitsu at 12 under master Rillion Gracie. He stayed with Rillion until he turned 20 and earned the purple belt.
Otherwise, Giancarlo Bodoni relocated to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 2017. He spent several months there learning Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Giancarlo Bodoni later returned to the United States and settled with his father in Charlotte, North Carolina.
So Giancarlo took advantage of the opportunity to train with Lucas Lepri at the local Alliance gym. Bodoni took advantage of the opportunity by joining the team and spending significant time with Lepri, who promoted him to brown and black belt.
Giancarlo Bodoni Is an 2022 ADCC World Champion
Giancarlo Bodoni performed well in the ADCC World Championship 2022, held in Las Vegas on the 17th and 18th of September 2022. He ends up winning the gold in the -88kg weight bracket.
Here are Giancarlo Bodoni’s all fights in the ADCC World Championship 2022:
-88kg Weight Class results
- Round 16: Giancarlo outclassed Isaque Bahiense via points 6-0.
- Quarterfinal: Giancarlo defeated Matheus Diniz by a triangle choke submission after taking down Diniz and passing his guard.
- Semi-final: Giancarlo defeated Eoghan O’Flanagan using an exceptional toe hold.
- Final: Giancarlo conquered Lucas “Hulk” Barbosa by RNC submission to become the new -88kg ADCC World Champion.
Absolute Weight Class Results
- Opening Round: Giancarlo defeated Haisam Rida via armbar submission.
- Quarterfinal: Giancarlo lost against Nicholas Meregali via Points (2-6).
Related Article: If you missed it, you can find the results of the ADCC World Championship 2022 here.
Giancarlo Bodoni Train in the New Wave Jiu Jitsu
Since 2021, Giancarlo Bodoni has been training in the New Wave Jiu Jitsu gym in Austin, Texas. So, he is training under the guidance of John Danaher and with other top-notch grapplers such as Gordon Ryan, Garry Tonon, Oliver Taza, etc
However, Bodoni was training jiu-jitsu at the Bernardo Faria academy in Boston before moving to the New Wave.
Related Article: Click here to discover more about the New Wave Jiu-Jitsu Gym.
Giancarlo Bodoni is one of the fastest-rising athletes in the Brazilian jiu-jitsu world. He won gold at the ADCC World Championship 2022, demonstrating his true metal. Believe me, you will see this incredible grappler on several BJJ podiums in the coming years.
Here are some of Giancarlo Bodoni’s best results so far:
- 2022 ADCC World Champion
- 2021 IBJJF Pan Championship No-Gi Gold Medalist
- 2020 IBJJF Pan Championship (brown belt)
- 2019 IBJJF World Championship No-Gi (brown belt)
- 2019 IBJJF World Championship (brown belt)
Related Article: Discover the all-time ADCC World Champions by clicking here.