Many individuals take a keen interest in playing the half guard position, including Lucas Leite Coyote Half Guard BJJ. The coyote half guard is among tough variations of the half-guard position in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling sports. It is in an excellent position in both Gi and No-Gi that gives you access to many various sweeps and transitions.
Moreover, it is one of the most effective positions employed by several world martial arts fighters at the highest grappling competitions.
Source: Adem Redzovic
During this Brazilian jiu-jitsu article, you will learn a piece of knowledge about the Coyote half guard including sweeps from this position, variations, and more. Stay tuned!
First, who is Lucas Leite? Lucas Leite is one of the highest Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fighters ever. He was competing within the jiu-jitsu heavyweight division, and he won many titles in his career including:
- World Jiu Jitsu No-Gi Championship (3 times in 2009, 2011, 2014)
- Pan American Championship (4 times in 2007, 2009, 2012, 2015)
- IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championship (in 2007).
- More World Championships.
Lucas Leite Coyote Half Guard
What is the coyote half guard? The coyote half guard is a kind of the BJJ half guard technique created by Lucas Leite. The Coyote position is additionally referred to as the Dogfight position due to the configuration of your legs.
Why Coyote Half Guard? The Coyote Half Guard will help you overwhelm bigger Brazilian opponents. It could be applied to cut down heavier adversaries in many BJJ tournaments. Moreover, an advanced Coyote Half Guard player can pick adversaries who are more than 30 pounds heavier than he is.
So it is clear that the Coyote clearly worked best on heavier rivals, as it was intended to be.
Coyote Half Guard Sweep
How do you do the Coyote Half Guard Sweep? Lucas Leite’s Coyote Half Guard position demands good management of the BJJ practitioner’s hands and legs. Moreover, these factors will greatly determine how successfully you will execute Coyote Half Guard BJJ to reach sweeps, submissions, and variations.
Here is a list of steps to execute an awesome jiu jitsu coyote half-guard sweep.
- Reach the half guard position, and set up your points of control to prevent the cross face.
- Manage your hands and head positions properly, and use the knee shield to manage the distance.
- Size the right instant and install the underhook as deep as you can.
- Now, move your bottom leg up and convey them right down to your knees.
- Use your free hand as much as possible to help you move your inside leg outside and simultaneously your upper body toward your opponent.
- Now you’re on your knees and underhooking your opponent. From there you can sweep your opponent.
Source: Bernardo Faria BJJ Fanatics
In the video tutorial below, BJJ legend Lucas Leite will give deep details on how to do Coyote Half Guard Sweep, hosted by Bernardo Faria, on his amazing YouTube channel.
Coyote Half Guard Variations
Source: Source: Bernardo Faria BJJ Fanatics
In the video tutorial above, Alexandre Vieira explains the different Coyote Half Guard variations, hosted by Bernardo Faria on his amazing YouTube channel. Alexandre Vieira had the best submission that came in 2017 with a deep loop choke as he competed in Japan.
More Coyote Half Guard Sweeps and Variations
Here are more details on the back take from the coyote half guard and other sweeps that are valid in both Gi and No-Gi jiu jitsu. Have fun!
Source: Tarik BJJ
The coyote half guard is among the extreme variety of guard variety in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling sports. Therefore, numerous people take a distinct fascination for playing it in tough BJJ competitions.
The Lucas Leite Coyote Half Guard is an excellent position in jiu-jitsu Gi and No-Gi that gives you access to many various entries, scopes, and advances.
Besides, it is one of the most powerful positions employed by several world combative technical contenders at the heavier grappling opponents.
Speak your mind: What’s your favorite Lucas Leite Coyote Half Guard technique?
- Side Control BJJ Position What you should Know
- Jiu Jitsu Kimura Lock Submission Step By Step
- Full Guard In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Made Easy
- How To Build A Tough BJJ Half Guard Game
- How to Rubber Guard in Jiu-Jitsu and MMA