Leandro Lo BJJ is a member of the big Brazilian jiu-jitsu family. He is a great Brazilian BJJ competitor in no-gi and gi who succeeded to achieve great results in jiu-jitsu tournaments like his 6 jiu jitsu world championship titles. Otherwise, Leandro has built his BJJ career on solid techniques and mindset attitude such as his stunning BJJ sider guard and more So:
When does Leandro Lo won his first jiu jitsu world title?
What are Leandro Lo’s best BJJ submission techniques?
Leandro Lo Short biography
Leandro Lo is a well-known Brazilian jiu-jitsu fighter, here is several information about him:
- Full name: Leandro Lo Pereira Do Nascimento.
- Born: May 11th, 1989, in São Paulo. Brazil.
- Residence: São Paulo. Brazil.
- Sports kind: Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- Divisions: Lightweight: -76kg, Middleweight: -82k, Middle-Heavy: -88kg, Heavyweight: -94kg.
- BJJ Rank: 1st Degree black belt under Cicero Costha.
- Team: Cicero Costha Academy (São Paulo, Brazil), Now Jiu-Jitsu New School Brotherhood (“NS” Brotherhood team).
- Coach: Cicero Costha.
- Years active: 2004 to present.
- Top achievements: Multiple times jiu-jitsu world champion.
- Personal Academy: “NS” Brotherhood team.
Best Leandro Lo BJJ achievements
Leandro is a BJJ fighter and a famous athlete known with his great achievements. Besides, he shunning in the BJJ tournaments from his begging in 2004 when he was just a BJJ purple belt by his revilement manners of guard passing like toreando pass, so developed BJJ game-play turn him to a hard BJJ competitor. So:
What is Leandro BJJ legacy in the jiu-jitsu tournaments?
- 6X IBJJF jiu jitsu world championship winner.
|2012 and 2013||Black belt||-76 kg|
|2014||Black belt||-82 kg|
|2015 and 2016||Black belt||-88 kg|
- 8X IBJJF Pan American Championships winner.
|2014 and 2015||Black belt||-82kg|
|2017||Black belt||Double gold -94kg division and absolute|
|2018||Black belt||Double gold -94kg division and absolute|
- 5X jiu jitsu world cup Abu Dhabi UAE winner
|2015 and 2016||Black belt||-85kg|
- 4X Brazilian National Championship 2011(-76kg), 2012(-76kg), and 2017(double -94kg and absolute).
- 2X European jiu jitsu Championship Lisbon, Portugal double gold in 2017, both in -94kg division and absolute.
Leandro Lo’s favorite BJJ techniques in the tournaments:
Leandro Lo owns a great record in BJJ championships with 253 wins (64% by points and 21% by submission) and 35 losses (31% by points and 26% by submission). Thus, this record was achieved by performing many jiu-jitsu submissions techniques:
What are the best BJJ submission used by Leandro Lo?
BJJ CROSS CHOKE
He had used this submission to defeat 14 of his BJJ opponents ( 27% of total matches submissions ) like Luiz Supp, Leandro Brassoloto, John Roberts, S. Franceschini, Ichitaro Tsukada , and more.
he had used this technique to submit 7 of his opponents like Rodrigo Ribeiro, Alan Finfou, Gregor Gracie, and more.
Otherwise, Leandro Lo uses a lot of other BJJ techniques and submission such as: Guard passing (toreando pass ….), chokes, toe hold, kimura , triangle, Brabo choke, and more.
Leandro Lo’s academy
Leandro Lo creates his BJJ academy Jiu-Jitsu New School Brotherhood (“NS” Brotherhood team) in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 2015, where he is the head coach. Besides, he takes his jiu-jitsu school to become one of the great Brazilian jiu-jitsu academies. Thus, by relevant coaching methods inspiring by his great experiences in the field of BJJ tournaments.
Leandro Lo top BJJ matches
Honesty, all Leandro Lo jiu jitsu matches are exciting and much entertainment. Though, you can learn much things about BJJ game-play, starategy and tactics to win a jiu jitsu fight.
Here are some leandro Best Brazilian jiu jitsu matches
Leandro Lo vs Buchecha
Exciting BJJ fight. All the Brazilian jiu-jitsu community has applauded Marcus Almeida Buchecha when he gives the gold medal to his friend Leandro after a shoulder injury in the jiu-jitsu world championships the super-heavyweight final 2017.