Caio Terra is a member of the big BJJ family. Besides, he is a well-known Brazilian jiu-jitsu fighter who has scored the fastest Jiu-Jitsu black belt promotion in only six years.
What is Caio BJJ biography?
What are Caio jiu-jitsu achievements?
Short Caio Terra biography
Slow Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Progress in the start.
Caio Terra starts Brazilian jiu-jitsu in the early 2000s forced by his mother. Firstly he was coached by two great BJJ figures and multiple world champions; Rodrigo Medeiros and Ricardo Vieira.
In addition, they helped him improving his BJJ techniques. However, Caio was addicted to football, though, he didn’t reserve much time to Brazilian jiu-jitsu. As a result, Caio BJJ learning was moving so slowly.
The First tournament had corrected Caio BJJ interest
Caio starts competing when got the BJJ blue belt with the encouragement and assistance of his coaches. Therefore, he showed up an awesome performance at his first BJJ tournaments. Where he has arrived to final, but he lost against Bruno Malfacine who was more organized and experienced.
Otherwise, this jiu-jitsu competition had given Caio the enthusiasm and the courage to go further in the grappling and BJJ.
Thus, he became very responsible in the BJJ training sessions achieving phenomenal progress both in jiu-jitsu and in his life in general.
More information about Caio:
- Full Name: Caio Terra.
- Nickname: N/A
- Born: 1986, in the state of Rio De Janeiro. Brazil.
- Nationality: Brazilian.
- Residence: San Jose, California, United States
- Sports kind: Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Grappling.
- Divisions: Peso Galo / Rooster weight (- 57kg)
- BJJ Rank: 3rd-degree black belt under both Reyson Gracie and Paulo Maurício Strauch in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- Team: Gama Filho team / Alliance Jiu Jitsu / Caio Terra Association (BRASA CTA)
- Coach: Rodrigo Medeiros, Paulo Maurício Strauch, Reyson Gracie.
- Years active: 2003 to present.
- Top achievements: Multiple times jiu-jitsu world champion as a black belt.
Best Caio Achievements.
Caio begins competing since he was promoted as BJJ blue belt achieving great results in the Gi/Nog jiu-jitsu i tournaments, so:
What are Caio Terra top Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu achievements?
- 2X IBJJF jiu-jitsu world championship winner.
|2008, 2013||Black belt||-57 kg|
Watch Caio vs Bruno Malfacine world championship 2019 – quarterfinal –
- IBJJF jiu-jitsu world championship 2nd place.
|2009, 2010, 2011,2012, and 2016.||Black belt||-57 kg|
- 10X IBJJF jiu-jitsu Nogi world championship winner.
|2008 to 2011||Black belt||-61,5 kg|
|2012 to 2017||Black belt||-54,5 kg|
Watch Caio vs Yusuke Homma Nogi world championship 2016 – final – 42 seconds to submit.
- 3X IBJJF Pan American Championships winner.
|2012 and 2013||Black belt||-57kg|
- 2X IBJJF Nogi Pan American Championships winner.
|2010 and 2011||Black belt||-61,5kg|
- 2X Nogi European jiu-jitsu Championship winner in 2013 both in -56,5kg weight division and in the absolute.
- European jiu jitsu Championship Lisbon, Portugal gold winner from 2014 to 2018 (five times champion).
Caio Terra favorite BJJ techniques in tournaments
Caio Terra has a great record in BJJ championships. Thus, this record was achieved performing many jiu-jitsu submissions techniques like Arm-locks, guard all kind, chokes, toe hold, kimura, triangle, Brabo choke, and more.
SOURCE: Caio Terra
SOURCE: BJJEdy Fh
Caio BJJ – spider Guard attacks
SOURCE: Caio Terra