Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has steadily grown in popularity throughout the world since its inception. Particularly popular in the United States of America, particularly in San Diego, where there are plenty of the best jiu-jitsu gyms and academies.
Atos Jiu-Jitsu HQ, Legion Jiu Jitsu, Victory MMA, and 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu are some of the Best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gyms in San Diego. These schools can provide the most excellent BJJ training experience thanks to their high-quality and enjoyable Classes and experienced instructors.
This post will dive deep into the ocean of knowledge on the finest BJJ gyms in San Diego, California. It will reveal the top features of these grappling schools to help you choose the right one for your needs. Stay tuned!
What Are the Best Jiu-Jitsu Gyms in San Diego?
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has become more prevalent in recent years. As a result, this grappling sport has witnessed a spike in popularity in San Diego, drawing practitioners of all ages and backgrounds.
The following are some of the best Brazilian jiu-jitsu schools in San Diego.
Atos Jiu Jitsu San Diego
The Atos Jiu Jitsu HQ in San Diego is generally recognized as one of the most excellent BJJ Schools in the United States. It provides world-class teaching in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Gi and No-Gi submission grappling.
Whether you want to train for enjoyment, as a pastime, for a competition, or to start a new fitness regimen, the Atos BJJ Academy can offer the best training experience.
Regarding competitions, this gym has produced some of the top Jiu-Jitsu athletes in the world. In addition, it has achieved many high-class jiu-jitsu championships, including the ADCC world championship, Gi and No-Gi World Championships, etc.
Related: Discover the best BJJ schools and tournaments in Las Vegas to help you advance your skills! Click here to discover the ultimate Jiu-Jitsu guide in Las Vegas and begin your journey today!
Atos HQ Jiu Jitsu Classes
Atos jiu-jitsu HQ in San Diego offers classes for women’s jiu-jitsu, men’s jiu-jitsu, children, teenagers, individual training, etc. It also provides online instruction for people who wish to practice jiu-jitsu at home.
Training Jiu-jitsu at Atos HQ can help you succeed on and off the mats. Their world-class coaching may assist you in achieving the outcomes you want. Here is what they offer:
- Advance Class: This advanced BJ class is accessible to practitioners from blue to black belts. It is an advanced training program that allows students to take their game to the next level by immersing themselves in advanced jiu-jitsu techniques and teaching.
- Basics Class: This BJJ Basics training program is only available to White, Blue, and Purple Belts. It was designed to guarantee that all fresh students start their jiu-jitsu career on a solid basis. The program focuses on introduction techniques from each position and critical ideas in jiu-jitsu practice that will help the learner improve and advance.
- Competition Gi Class: This Gi training session is open to all BJJ levels by invitation only. It is intended to prepare students for gi competitions and focuses primarily on sparring. In addition, students will be given an overview of tournament scenarios and how to manage specific gi circumstances that may happen on the competition mat.
- BJJ Gi Class: This Gi practice session focuses on jiu-jitsu techniques and game strategies. It is intended to assist students in building competency and increasing their efficiency while training with the Gi (Kimono).
- No-Gi BJJ Class: All belt levels are invited to join this No-Gi Practice Program. It is available at basic and advanced levels to help students flourish in their no-gi jiu jitsu tactics.
Aside from that, Atos BJJ San Diego also offers other class programs, such as a women’s only class, kids 3 – 5 class, kids 5 – 8 class, kids 8 – 13 class, kids competition, and open mat, among others.
Related: Is BJJ a costly sport? Is it worthwhile to train? This article examines the numerous elements that influence jiu-jitsu training expenses. Click here to learn more!
Instructors at Atos Jiu-Jitsu HQ
Atos San Diego Academy is fortunate to have great educators worldwide on its teaching staff. Many of them have received outstanding Palmares in major BJJ competitions, including the United States, Brazil, Europe, and numerous other nations.
For example, the teacher team of Atos Jiu-jitsu San Diego comprises the persons mentioned below.
- Andre Galvao is the co-founder and chief instructor of Atos Jiu-Jitsu HQ.
- Josh Hinger is a No-Gi Professor who teaches a Kids 8-13 Class. He is a black belt at the Atos Jiu-Jitsu academy in San Diego, California.
- Professor Angelica Galvao is the Women’s Class Head Coach. She is a black belt and one of the best female Brazilian jiu-jitsu competitors.
- Professor Michael Liera teaches BJJ fundamentals at the Atos School of Martial Arts. He is widely considered one of his generation’s most gifted Brazilian jiu-jitsu competitors.
- Professor Nisar Loynab is the Kid’s 5-8 Class and Kid’s Competition Class Professor. He’s a black belt under André Galvao, who has also studied with Saulo and Alexandre Ribeiro.
- Professor Mike Carbullido is the Kid’s 8-13 Class Instructor. Mike is a Black belt under Professor Galvao and has taught BJJ for over a decade.
- Lucas Barbosa is the jiu-jitsu Fundamentals & Basics Professor, often known as Lucas “Hulk” on the mat, and he’s a black belt under André Fabiano. In addition, he’s Jiu-Jitsu World Champion both in GI and No-Gi.
Alliance Jiu Jitsu San Diego
Alliance is one of the top Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu schools in San Diego. It offers its students world-class classes in a clean and enjoyable facility to assist them in exceeding their fitness objectives.
Otherwise, this academy also uses BJJ to improve people’s confidence, positivism, discipline, community, long-lasting friendships, and martial arts.
And, regarding achievements, Alliance Jiu-Jitsu San Diego has gained several World Champions, among other precious accomplishments.
Alliance Jiu-Jitsu Classes
The Alliance offers a wide range of BJJ classes to suit the whole community, such:
- Toddler Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (Ages 3-5): This 45-minute workshop for children aged 3.5 to 5 is their first introduction to gentle art in a pleasant and instructive setting.
- Youth Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: A more technical method training method to assist with developing combative sports abilities in a dynamic and safe setting. Because children are constantly evolving, the challenges set by teachers help them achieve their full potential and enhance their talents.
- Adult Brazilian jiu-jitsu class: These training sessions suit adult jiu-jitsu practitioners to learn this beautiful martial art.
- Women’s only class: These practice sessions are desired for any female who wants to train with only other girls. It is guided by female teachers and is appropriate for all skill levels.
- Competition Class: This is an advanced class training where only competitors and students approved by the Head Instructors are permitted to attend. It is a high-intensity training that emphasizes advanced grappling techniques to get ready for competing in tournaments.
Alliance San Diego Jiu Jitsu Head Instructors
Joao “Johnny” Faria is the head instrutor at the Alliance BJJ San Diego. He has been practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for almost 20 years and holds a 5th-degree black belt under Flavio Behring.
Johnny Faria’s discipline and dedication to the integrity of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu are apparent. His courses are outstanding because of his attentiveness, energy, and discipline.
Professor Faria is still an active athlete who participates in most of the leading Brazilian Jiu-jitsu events throughout the globe. As a result, he can pass on his worthy competition experience to his students.
some of the best Professor Faria’s BJJ accomplishments include the IBJJF Pan American No-Gi Champion, IBJJF Pan American Champion, 4X IBJJF No-Gi World Champion, etc.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Diego
The 10th Planet San Deigo is one of the grappling schools in the United States. It has world-class no-gi jiu-jitsu instruction for all levels who want to compete, get into fitness, or learn something new.
This famous San Deigo Gym can provide you with the most excellent jiu-jitsu instruction under Richie “Boogeyman” Martinez and Geo “Freakahzoid” Martinez.
Not just that! Because The Tenth Planet is oriented toward mixed martial arts, it also provides training programs in wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, judo, strength & conditioning, and MMA sports.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu San Diego Classes
Eddie Bravo’s 10th Planet is a non-traditional no-gi jiu-jitsu style that integrates and emphasizes flexibility, uncommon stances, and an offensive mindset.
This is because no-gi jiu-jitsu is an essential foundation for mixed martial arts, an excellent self-defense method, and a fantastic way to get in shape.
10th Planet creative instruction helps students (kids, men, women) of all ability levels, from beginners to experienced competitors, progress in their training and build their style.
The BJJ classes include basic and advanced technical training breaking out every sequence, stance, and transition. Thus, students, from beginners to advanced belts, will progress in their training to the next level.
10th Planet San Diego School Instructors
A world-class BJJ learning experience is provided to students at the 10th Planet San Diego School by Geo and Richie Martinez.
The Martinez brothers are the owners and operators of the 10th Planet gym in San Diego, California.
These two grapplers are considered two of the world’s top no-gi grapplers and regularly participate in professional grappling shows worldwide.
- Geo Martinez
Geo holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Eddie Bravo. He is widely regarded as one of the best American grapplers competing in the No-Gi scene today.
A few examples of Geo Martinez’s many accomplishments include his first-place finish at the EBI 1 Invitational (145lbs) in 2014 and his first-place finish at the EBI 2 Invitational (135lbs) in 2014, and many more.
- Richie Martinez
Richie, often known as “Boogeyman,” is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Eddie Bravo, a professional wrestler.
Indeed, Richie Martinez is the 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu Academy’s foremost representative in the competitive no-gi grappling scene.
Legion Jiu Jitsu San Diego
Legion American Jiu Jitsu San Diego is another world-class BJJ academy. Keenan Cornelius founded it, a famous Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitor, and well-known by the Lapel Encyclopedia Jiu-Jitsu techniques.
This famous San Diego Jiu Jitsu Gym strives to provide world-class instruction for people of all ages and levels of expertise. Indeed, it provides a welcoming environment for both seasoned fighters and newcomers studying jiu-jitsu for the first time.
Starting jiu-jitsu as a beginner might be scary, so Legion American Jiu-Jitsu created a 5-Week Beginner Course for newcomers to begin their grappling journey properly. Moreover, it provides a one-day free trial and other additional benefits for enrolling in Legion Jiu Jitsu Gym.
Legion Jiu-Jitsu Classes
Legion offers several training programs for kids and adults, including:
- Beginner BJJ class: It contains two programs called white belt accelerator and a 5-week beginner course. These two programs are intended to get students up and running with jiu-jitsu as soon as feasible. In addition, they will save you from obtaining a terrible opinion about jiu-jitsu in the process.
- Intermediate-Advanced Class: Members who have attained the blue belt level or received the green light from the Beginner Program Coaches may access multiple courses throughout the day. Excellent for those who are leaving their previous BJJ school.
- Eaglet Kids Jiu Jitsu Class: This program is divided into ages 4-6, 7-11, and 11-15. And, It is intended to help kids start Brazilian jiu-jitsu training. Martial arts, particularly jiu-jitsu, can make children bully-resistant, confident, graceful, disciplined, etc.
- Nogi Program: No-Gi is an integral aspect of the Legion curriculum. After all, offering superior coaching in all submission grappling methods is part of the Legion’s mission statement.
- Wrestling and Judo for Jiu-Jitsu: This program is intended to help people learn many judo and wrestling techniques, such as takedowns, for jiu-jitsu and self-defense.
- Legion Open Mat: This training program usually happens on Sundays. It’s rounded for two and a half hours of gi and no-gi.
Related: Discover the best BJJ schools and tournaments in San Antonio to help you advance your skills! Click here to discover the ultimate Jiu-Jitsu guide in San Antonio and begin your journey today!
The Victory MMA is a well-known San Diego Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Mixed Martial Arts Fitness Gym. It offers world-class instruction for all people who want to compete in mma or jiu-jitsu, get in shape, improve their self-defense, or learn something new.
Otherwise, Victory Gym offers many facilities for its visitors to begin their martial arts training journey. You can begin with “One Week Free” and join at significantly reduced prices with no long-term commitments to sign and no cancellation costs.
Otherwise, Members may attend over 140 sessions per week at low cost since Victory offers classes in BJJ, Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Fitness, and MMA, CrossFit, etc.
Well! Victory MMA fitness is a real opportunity for you and an amazingly welcoming environment for martial arts grappling practitioners.
Victory Jiu Jitsu Classes & Instructors
At Victory MMA Gym, you’ll learn Jiu-Jitsu with Dean “The Boogieman” Lister and eleven other world-class Jiu-Jitsu Black Belts instructors.
Whether you are a beginner looking to learn the fundamentals or a serious competitor looking for a medal, you will find a suitable class that will suit your needs.
Victory provides several Jiu-Jitsu Gi and No-Gi classes and an Open Mats on Sundays that draws members from schools all over San Diego.
Aside from that, Victory’s owner and Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt, Jocko Willink, works hard to bring in the best teachers, including many world-class Black Belts. Those instructors have extensive experience in assisting people in learning and mastering the unparalleled art of Jiu-Jitsu.
San Diego is home to some of the world’s most incredible Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu schools, such as Atos Jiu-Jitsu HQ, Legion Jiu Jitsu, Victory MMA, and 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, etc.
These schools offer high-quality Gi and No-Gi BJJ instruction and qualified instructors to ensure a fun and rewarding training experience.
So whether you’re a beginner white belt or an advanced practitioner, you’ll be able to advance your grappling and martial art training even while traveling.
Aside from that, remember to schedule time for pleasure outside the dojo; San Diego has a lot to offer, from shopping and eating to resting on the lovely beaches.
Recommended: Brazilian jiu-jitsu can change your life. This martial art has much to offer, from self-defense to enhanced confidence. Click here to learn about the various advantages of BJJ and how it can help you in many parts of your life.