The jiu-jitsu family has many phenomenal fighters, such as Andre Galvao. He starts Brazilian jiu jitsu in a small age. And, he worked hard to achieve great results in the BJJ and grappling, MMA, and more.
Does Andre Galvao won the jiu-jitsu world championships?
How does Andre Galvao influences grappling and Brazilian jiu-jitsu sports?
André Galvão short biography
Andre Galvao is a well-known Brazilian BJJ grappler and professional MMA former. Indeed, he is a multiple world ADCC and Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion. Therefore, Let’s discover more information about André Galvão:
- Full name: André Luis Leite Galvão.
- Born: September 29th, 1982, in Brazil.
- Residence: San Diego, California.
- Sport kind: Brazilian jiu jitsu, MMA, and Grappling.
- Division: Welterweight.
- BJJ Rank: 4th-degree black belt under Fabio Gurgel.
- Team: Atos jiu-jitsu.
- Coach: Fernando “Tererê” Augusto.
- Years active: 1996 to present.
- Top achievements: Several times jiu-jitsu and ADCC world champion.
- Personal Academy: Atos jiu-jitsu.
André Galvão Best BJJ achievements
Andre Galvao is a BJJ fighter and grappling competitor with a lot of titles and achievements. Besides, in 2010 after a shunning year in the BJJ championships, Andre decide to publish his book Drill to win: One year to better Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Thus, for one purpose to help jiu-jitsu competitor to prepare the right way for tournaments.
What is Andre Galvao legacy in the Grappling championships?
- 11X IBJJF jiu jitsu world championship winner.
|2002||Blue belt||-82 kg|
|2003||Purple belt||Both -82 kg division and absolute|
|2004||Brown belt||Both -82 kg division and absolute|
|2005 and 2007||Black belt||-82 kg|
|2008 and 2017||Black belt||-88kg|
|2014 and 2016||Black belt||-94kg|
- 11X IBJJF Pan American Championships winner in 2007; division – 82kg.
|2004||Brown belt||Double gold middleweight and absolute|
|2005||Black belt||Double gold middleweight and absolute|
|2008||Black belt||Double gold medium-heavy and absolute|
|2011 and 2013||Black belt||medium-heavy weight|
|2014||Black belt||Double gold ultra-heavy weight and absolute|
- 3X Brazilian jiu-jitsu world cup Abu Dhabi UAE winner (2012, 2013, 2014) weight division – 88kg.
What is André Galvão trophies record in the ADCC?
- ADCC world championship winner in 2011; both in – 88kg division and absolute.
- 4X ADCC world championship super fights winner in 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.
Furthermore, Andre Galvao starts competing in the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) tournaments from 2008 to 2010, where he takes 7 fights with a record: 5 wins / 2 losses.
Andre Galvao favorite techniques in the BJJ tournaments
Andre Galvao has a great record in the grappling and BJJ championships with 157 wins (38% by points and 46% by submission) and 27 losses (52% by points and 15% by submission). Indeed, this record was achieved using many BJJ submissions techniques:
BJJ Choke from the back
He had used this position to submit 17 of his opponents ( 23% of matches winning) like Victor Toledo, Rafael Barbosa, Abraham Marte, Luiz Panza, and more.
He had used this technique to submit 12 of his opponents like Jorge Britto, V.Silva, and more.
Otherwise, Andre Galvao uses a lot of submission and BJJ techniques such as Guard passing, chokes, heel-hook, kimura, kneebar, triangle, wristlock, north-south choke, and more.
Andre Galvao BJJ academy
Andre Galvao creates his academy Atos jiu-jitsu located in San Diego, CA. Besides, he thrives this jiu-jitsu academy to be one of the great Brazilian jiu-jitsu academies.
Thus, this was achieved using relevant coaching methods and great experience in the field of jiu-jitsu competitions.
- Head coach: Andre Galvao.
- Instructors: Josh Hinger, Lucas Barbosa, Dominique Bell, Michael Perez, and more.
Andre Galvao top matches
Against Patrick Gaudio / jiu jitsu World Championship 2017 (Final)
Against Leandro Lo / Heavy Weight GP 2017 (semifinal)
Against Marcus Buchecha Almeida Epic Pan 2013 Open Weight Final
Against Xande Ribeiro / Heavy Weight GP 2017